Summary of functions:
Cybertill is looking for an accomplished and ambitious leader to accelerate the development of its software and products. This is an exciting opportunity to define the strategic vision for the future of Cybertill’s offering, overseeing Product Design, DevOps, Testing, and Technical Operations teams. Retailers look to Cybertill to help them innovate, solve complex omnichannel challenges, and most importantly offer their customers fantastic shopping experiences. The right candidate will want to set trends in retail, help Cybertill stand out to innovative retailers in the crowded tech marketplace, and deliver best-of-breed technology to Cybertill customers.
Our customers deserve the best, and we want to offer it. Cybertill operates a customer-centric model but needs an experienced retail technologist to translate customer feedback, UX testing, market research, and competitor analysis into a product roadmap that propels our customers forward. We are looking for an experienced technologist, comfortable with improving software applications using Agile and SCRUM methodologies, managing infrastructure and networking solutions at enterprise scale, and be adept at articulating these concepts to non-technical internal and external customers.
The role holds influence over all Product initiatives. It requires hands-on experience with both software product development and life cycle management, blending technologies and approaches of both in-house and external applications. Client interaction is pivotal to build relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and external companies for all Product and Technical related initiatives.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Have overall responsibility for the execution of the company’s long-term strategy for technological planning and development, including the product and technology roadmaps.
- Ensure software development is completed on time, built to specification, and to the required standards for customer ordered or strategic development.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the retail industry and to make the company aware of any strategic development or changes required to maintain and increase Cybertill’s market share.
- Oversee the technology research and development efforts leading to new or improved systems.
- Ensure that the database architecture can support the growing and changing needs of the business and its clients.
- Establish action plans, technology standards and performance measures using strategic objectives as the basis for action.
- Build on customer needs and emerging / potential issues and ensure proactivity in the development of its services to fulfil future needs of its customers.
- Test emerging technologies within retail to keep Cybertill’s offering competitive.
- Implement best practice into current operational practices of solution development and delivery ensuring improved effectiveness, value for money and efficiency.
- Lead the DevOps and Technical Operations Teams in delivery of best-of-breed services.
- Inspire and motivate as well as mentor and manage the development of the team members and ensure that the necessary skills and experience is in place to deliver the company and department strategy.
- Formulation and ongoing management of the IT budget, and compliance with set budgets to fit in with the overall company budget.
- To constantly identify areas for improvement or efficiency with the department and develop new services to offer to customers.
- Oversee provision and continual improvement of hosted IT services and infrastructure to Cybertill customers within agreed SLA’s and following recognised best practices.
- To actively implement ways of improving customer service by reducing calls into the Service Desks.
- Provision of internal IT hardware and software systems to internal users such as email, file storage and applications to enable them to fulfil their roles.
- Provision of IT support services to internal users within agreed SLA’s including sourcing of hardware and software.
- Responsible for leading company’s Information Security program (ISO 27000) including Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Promotes and co-ordinates technical knowledge sharing through the company.
- Constantly liaise and communicate with customers to ensure excellent customer relationships.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and best practice and ensures that these are adopted if appropriate to deliver better value to the business.
The role of Chief Technology Officer holds a board position and reports into the Chief Operating Officer.
- The CTO will have a strong software background and have extensive experience working with the following technologies:
- Retail systems
- Cloud software development
- E-commerce and e-business applications
- Content Management
- Agile software development
- Automated and manual QA testing
- AWS – EC2, EBS, RDS, Route 53, S3, ELB, CloudWatch etc
- MS Office 365 – Skype for Business, Exchange, OneDrive
- AD Windows networks
- ITIL – Risk management, Change management, Continual Service Improvement, Service Design, Service Delivery, Service Transition
Additional requirements include strong knowledge of relevant applications and product development life cycles, general knowledge of professional services vendors, and tools and experience overseeing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
Understanding of project management methodologies and have a strong knowledge of applicable business areas, the supporting technology architecture, and applicable processes in the Retail Industry.
The CTO will be:
- Innovative & Passionate
- An Excellent communicator
- Analytical and a good problem solver
- Focused on the importance of a good user experience, and a customer-centric ethos
Bachelor’s degree or higher in related technical and business areas
Typically requires 8 – 10 years of technology experience and related management experience in the Industry.
Predominantly based at the Cybertill Head office in Knowsley with all flexible working practices catered for. Travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual leave top-up scheme
- Employer pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Arrangements
- Car Allowance
- Health Care
- Group Life Assurance
- Great working environment,
- Other optional benefits to choose from