Summary of functions
The First Line Technical Support Analyst will work as part of Cybertill’s in house First Line remote support service desk team to answer telephone calls and emails from our end user customers.
To provide remote technical support relating to customer EPOS software and hardware.
We are a fast-growing company with an international recognition for delivering solutions and services to retailers and we need someone who can ensure we provide a great service to our customers in the support of specific services that we provide. The ideal candidate will be; energetic, positive, outgoing, be a good communicator, have strong team working skills and be passionate about providing excellent service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of customer support issues logged via email and telephone to quickly diagnose and resolve them.
- Strive to meet all SLA’s set with our customers and work under pressure and within strict timescales.
- Always use our knowledge base for a first-time fix for our customers.
- Ensure tickets being passed to second line have sufficient detail.
- Show the ability to work within a team and provide support to other team members.
- Think and operate pro-actively and highlight patterns to avoid reoccurring issues.
- Be keen enough to self-learn aspects of the company product and hardware
- Have eagerness learn new IT and customer service skills/techniques.
- Flexible to varying shift patterns and overtime when it’s required.
- Put the customer at the heart of everything you do, set accurate expectations and meet them each time.
- Assume other projects or tasks as directed by the First Line Team Leader, First Line Supervisors or Technical Support Manager.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong customer service skills and customer empathy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve and fault find issues.
- Candidates would ideally have experience of working in a support/service desk and customer service type role, preferably remotely via telephone. However, full training will be provided.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Good general IT software and hardware skills to enable both hardware and software support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Internet Explorer (8,9,10,11)
- General networking/communications /ADSL, computer hardware and associated peripherals.
- Retail EPOS, e-commerce/web technology experience is a bonus.
Please Note: full training will be given in all technical areas of the role so if you have a great work ethic, are keen to learn and progress, then please apply for this fantastic role in the world of IT.
The job role reports to the First Line Team Leader. The role is very likely to require liaising with all internal departments within the business and so the ability to own issues and build internal relationships is vital.
Qualifications: Any IT or Customer Service qualification would be beneficial.
Physical Demands: No physical demands.
Work Environment: To be based at Head office, Knowsley.
Investment in People: The higher than average starting salary shows our businesses intent to invest in the people that work for us.
Salary: £17- £19K per annum
Other company benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- Bank holidays
- Annual leave top up scheme
- Contribution pension scheme
- Great working environment, including staff break out area which has Xbox, Pool Table, TV
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme